Collapsing branches in your map can help you focus on other areas that are important. This could be useful for presenting your ideas to your team, learning information for exams or simply for tidying up a large map that you have on the go.
Auto-focus and collapse is only available on Speed Maps.
To Collapse Branches in Your Map:
1. First click on the branch you want to collapse the children of.
2. Click the collapse children icon, located on the box branch, represented by the two arrows pointing towards each other.
3. This will hide any child branches and the number of how many are hidden will be shown on the parent branch.
4. To expand the child branches, simply click this icon again and the child branches will reappear.
5. If you are a fan of a shortcut, collapse and expand branches by hitting Ctrl/ Cmd + left/right arrow.
6. If someone else is working on the same map, at the same time, expanding and collapsing branches, this will not affect your view of the map.
When you leave the map and open it again later, it will appear as you left it, either collapsed or expanded.
Toggling Auto-Focus with collapse all of your branches, leaving only the main parent branches visible.
1. Open the display options.
2. Turn Auto Focus to "on".
3. All child branches will then collapse and become hidden.
4. If a branch has collapsed child branches, again, you will see the number of how many on the parent branch.
5. When using Auto-focus, to expand individual parent branches, simply click on a parent branch to reveal it's child branches.
6. If a child branch revealed also has child branches of their own, click on it to expand further.
When you click off the branch, they will be hidden again.
7. To turn this feature off, navigate back to the display options and turn auto focus to off.