Create a Gantt Timeline to seamlessly manage a new project, or even switch one of your existing Task Boards into Gantt Timeline View. Perfect for easily visualizing your upcoming deadlines in an interactive and adaptable chart.
Creating a new Gantt Chart Timeline
1. To create a new Gantt Chart Timeline, navigate to the Home page, click Create new and choose Task board.
2. Within the Blank task board, next to the name box, open the drop-down menu and select Gantt view.
3. Name your Gantt chart and under the Advanced Options, at the bottom of the window, you can add a task board description and any people you wish to collaborate with. Once that is done, click Create.
4. This will open a new blank timeline.
Switching to Gantt Timeline from another View.
You can switch to the Gantt Timeline view at any time from the Canvas or Workflow view.
1. Open your Task Board.
2. Click on the Display Options icon in the top right-hand corner to open the menu.
3. There, you will have the option to switch view to Gantt Timeline.
4. Your Task Board will now be changed to a Gantt Timeline view. If your tasks have both start and due dates, these will be automatically arranged across the timeline.
5. If the task has either just a start date or just a due date, you will just see the task name on the timeline. If the task does not have either a start or due date it will not be added to the timeline ( but will be visible in the task list).
6. You can switch back to the other views at any time by going back to the Display Options menu.