Tasks can be grouped within Categories to maintain organization and create a clear workflow.
Creating Categories in Canvas View
To create a new Category on your Canvas:
1. Click and drag from the CATEGORY icon situated in the top toolbar, and 'drop' onto the CANVAS.
2. A new window will then appear. You will be asked to give your Category a name as well as a color. Categories can be anything from 'Emails' and 'Phone Calls' to 'Stage 1', 'Marketing' or 'Logistics'. Once you're happy, hit Add.
3. A large circle will then appear on your canvas, and may be moved and positioned via drag and drop.
4. By hovering over your Category you will have the choice of three options:
Create a structured hierarchy for your tasks by creating sub categories together in the Canvas view, and watch Categories with similar relationships merge into one.
To create a Sub Categories:
1. To add a sub category, first select the Category which you would like to move.
2. Simply hover over the Category circle and you will be given the option to either 'EDIT, MOVE or COLLAPSE,' your Category. To nest your Category with another, select 'MOVE.'
3. By selecting 'MOVE,' you will be able to drag your Category circle around the Canvas. To nest your Category with another, simply drag and drop your selected Category into another Category on the Canvas.
4. Once you have dropped your Category into another Category circle, it will be displayed as a nested Category and will appear inside the larger circle.
5. To locate your sub category on the Canvas, simply use the Pan and Zoom Category finder situated at the bottom right hand corner of the Canvas. Your nested Category will be listed underneath the parent Category within the list. To learn more able the Pan and Zoom Category finder, please click here.
6. Simply click on the Category name from within the list and you'll be taken to your sub category on the Canvas.
Categories in Workflow View
In workflow view categories are displayed in columns.
You can create a new category by clicking on 'Add a new category'.
To create sub-categories, first check that you have them enabled in your board options.
To create a sub-category, simply drag a category into an existing category.
EDIT: This will allow you to change the category Name and Color.
MOVE: Re-position your category circle anywhere on the canvas.
COLLAPSE: The category will shrink down, hiding its contents and bringing better focus to what's important to you.
Viewing Categories in the Canvas View:
1. Click on the CATEGORIES button situated in the right hand corner of the menu bar.
2. A list of Categories will then appear beside corresponding colored circles. To go to your Category, simply click on the title of the Category that you would like to view.
3. You will then be taken straight to your Category on the Canvas.