To Format your Box Branches in a Mind Map:
Click on a box branch, then click on the paint brush icon to open the formatting options in the side panel.
Once the editor is open, in the first Style tab, you can edit the shape, size, color, and the connector of your branches.
Each section allows you to control different aspects of the branch:
- The shape section will allow you to edit the shape and color of the text box.
- The Connector section will let you change the color of the branch connecting the text box.
- When choosing a color you can choose from the main swatch.
- Or click on "More colors" to open the colour picker.
- The Size section will allow you to change the size of the text box.
3. Once selected, these changes will apply to your branch.
Re-size Box Branches
You can increase or decrease the size of the boxes, perfect for if you want to quickly display more text.
1. Click on the branch to select.
2. Click on this blue icon.
3. Drag the blue icon in or out, up or down to increase or decrease the size of the box.
4. Simply release the mouse when done.
Apply formatting to all Child Branches
If you are editing a parent branch, you can choose to add the formatting to it’s following child branches. Simply click ‘Apply Style to Children’ at the bottom of the editor to do this.
The child branches will then change to reflect the formatting of the parent branch.
Revert to Default Style
If you want to undo any formatting you have done on a branch, you can revert these changes. Choose your branch to open the side panel with the branch format options.
Click on the circular arrow icon at the bottom of the editor in the right-hand corner.
This will change the branch shape, color, connector and size back to its original format.
This will only revert the branch you have selected. It will not affect any children of that branch
Formatting Multiple Branches at Once
To format multiple branches at once, you can use the multi-select feature. Hold the CMD/CTRL key and click on the branches with your mouse. You will see a blue circle with a tick appear on each branch that you have selected. For further information on the multi-select feature, click here.
Once all your branches are selected, the blue multi-select toolbar will appear on your screen. Select the paintbrush icon to bring down the formatting menu.
Select the styles you would like and see them instantly applied to your chosen branches.