Task Board Templates
Creating Templates can be a really quick way to duplicate Task Boards which require the same actions to be taken - but in a different context - on a regular basis.
For example, if you’re organising an event you may have one Category named ‘Budget’, another called ‘Transport’ and one more named ‘Guest List’. Within each of these Categories are respective Tasks that need to be carried out each and every time you have an event to organise. So, after attaching files, updating progress and managing the overall Task Boards, the next time a different event comes up you have to re-create those same Categories and Tasks for another project. With Templates, you have a quick and easy solution to re-create Task Boards that can be used time and time again, without any of the interchangeable details and specifics like status, notes and attachments.
Creating a new Template
1. Start by going to your Task Boards in the Home Page.
2. Click on the 'All' folder in the Home Page and choose '+New' at the top of the page.
3. The drop-down menu will be shown with the Task Board Template option.
4. You will then be asked to name your Task Board Template. Once you’re happy, select Create Template.
5. You will then be taken to your blank Task Board Template where you will be prompted to begin creating your board.
Creating a Template from within a Task Board
1. Alternatively, you’re able to create a Task Board Template from within an existing Task board. First, select your Task Board from the Home Page.
2. Once within your chosen Task Board, click on the cog in the blue toolbar to open the Task Board settings.
3. Once there, a pop-up will appear. Select ‘Create Template from Task Board‘ at the bottom to create a Template for your future boards.
4. You will be asked to name your Task Board Template. Simply type the name of your Template into the box and hit ‘Create Template‘ when you’re ready.
4. Your Template will then be saved for future use and can be accessed from within the Home Page and 'All' folder when choosing a new Task Board.
5. Once a new Task Board is selected from the drop-down menu, simply click on the Template section where a list of your task board Templates will be displayed.
6. When Template is selected, you can choose all tasks to be assigned to you automatically or invite other users. Once all is set, just click Create Task Board.