Creating Templates can be a really quick way to duplicate Task Boards which require the same actions to be taken - but in a different context - on a regular basis.
For example, if you’re organizing an event you may have one Category named ‘Budget’, another called ‘Transport’ and one more named ‘Guest List’. Within each of these Categories are respective Tasks that need to be carried out each and every time you have an event to organize. So, after attaching files, updating progress and managing the overall Task Board, the next time a different event comes up you have to re-create those same Categories and Tasks for another Task Board. With Templates, you have a quick and easy solution to re-create Task Board that can be used time and time again, without any of the interchangeable details and specifics like status, notes and attachments.
Creating a new Template
1. Start by going to your Task Boards tab, situated in the main toolbar.
2. Then, click on the blue 'Browse Task Boards' icon.
3. Your Task Board Browser will then appear. Select Templates situated at the top right hand corner of the window.
4. To create a new Template, select the blue + New Template button from within the Template section.
5. You will then be asked to name your Task Board Template. Once you’re happy, select Done.
6. You will then be taken to your blank Task Board Template where you will be prompted to begin creating your board.
Creating a Template from within a Task Board
1. Alternatively, you’re able to create a Task Board Template while in the Task Board view. To do this, select the grey Cog icon situated on the left-hand side of the toolbar.
2. Once there, a pop-up will appear. Select ‘Create Template from Task Board‘ at the bottom of the window to create a Template for your future Task Boards.
3. You will be asked to name your Task Board Template. Simply type the name of your Template into the box and hit ‘Done‘ when you’re ready.
4. Your Template will then be saved for future use, and can be accessed from within the Menu within the Browse Task Board section and clicking on Templates. This is where a list of your Task Board Templates will be displayed.
Using saved Templates
You can create new Task Boards from existing Templates that you have saved. Simply tap on a Template that you have used previously, to create your new Task Board.