Placing your branches within categories will help to organize your map, highlighting key patterns and similarities across your idea process. The categories are represented by neat boxes around the branches, to clearly indicate when different ideas fit into a particular group. This ensures you can keep your branches where they are, avoiding the complications of re-organizing your map. You can name your categories whatever you like so there is no limit to how you want to use them.
To create a category for your branches:
1. Go to your Mind Map settings in the top right hand corner and tap "Multi-select".
2. Once you have started to select your branches a new toolbar will appear on your screen.
3. Tap on the branches you wish to add to the new category. New options will show on the toolbar. Choose the circle with dots icon to create a category.
4. Tap on 'New Category' and then pencil icon in the toolbar to enter a category name. Tap on canvas to save.
5. The name will show on the category boxes around your branches
8. Tap on the pencil to show all the branches in that category.
9. Click on an 'eye' symbol to focus in on a particular branch in your map.
1. Tap on a category box. The category toolbar will appear on your screen.
2. Tap on the paintbrush icon in the middle of the toolbar to open the formatting options.
3. Here you can change the style of the box lines and the color. Tap on the different colors and styles to change to formatting of the category.
4. Tap on the canvas to view the update.
Adding branches to existing categories:
If you have created a category and you need to add more branches to it afterwards, you can.
1. Select an existing category box.
2. The toolbar will appear on your screen. Tap on the pencil icon.
3. Next to 'Branches', click on the '+' icon. This will bring down a list of all the branches in your map.
4. Within this list, tap on the + icon next to a branch to add it to the category.
5. A category box will then appear around that branch on your map.
Removing a branch from a category:
1. To remove a branch from a category first select one of the category boxes.
2. Tap on the pencil icon in the toolbar.
3. The 'view items' tab will show all the branches in that category.
4. Tap the X next to the branch you want to remove from that category.
5. The branch will be removed from the category and the category box will then disappear from branch on the map.
Deleting a category:
1. To delete a category, select the one you wish to delete on your map.
2. From the category toolbar select the trashcan icon.
3. In a new window, you will be prompted to confirm your decision. Once sure, tap 'Yes, delete category'. This will permanently delete the category and will remove the boxes from around the branches.