Introducing organic mind mapping; You can now create your mind maps in the classic organic style. Draw radiating, curved branches associated with the traditional Mind Map, and there'll be no limits to your creative thinking.
Creating a new Organic Mind Map
To create a new Organic Map open Ayoa and click "New" on the Mind Map section.
Name your Mind Map then choose "Organic Map".
To Add Organic Branches to Your Map:
Using the Organic Mind Map style will allow you to create free form branches in the traditional style.
1. There are 3 ways you can add Organic branches to your map. Let's start from the Central Idea:
- Click or hover your mouse over the central idea and a green + icon will appear on either side of the central idea. Click on one of these + icons depending on which direction you want your branch to go in.
- Click on one of these arrows and drag-drop into a space on your map. The Organic branches can be placed anywhere on the top and start from any point on the central idea.
- Or you can use our handy shortcut. Use your keyboard arrow keys to move around the branches and hit Tab to create a new branch.
2. When your branch has appeared, type away and hit enter when done.
3. To edit the text, double click on the text to bring up the text editor. The text will be automatically highlighted to allow you to make changes to the style. The text must be highlighted before changes will take effect.
4. The text editor will allow you to change the style, size and color of the text, and add emojis.
5. Click back on the canvas to close the menu and view your changes.
5. To quickly add additional child branches connected to the same parent branch, simply use the enter key. To add a new layer of child branches, use the tab key.
Adding a Box Branch
1. When you hover over a branch, you will get the option to make a box branch. A box branch places the text within a box rather than along the branch.
2. Click on the blue icon to add the box branch. A new box branch will be added. Type in your branch text and use the desired formatting options.
3. Hit enter to complete your branch.
Changing the Curve of Your Organic Branches
Once added to your map, you can manipulate the organic branch shape to exaggerate the curves.
1. Hover over an organic branch to activate the control points.
2, Click and hold down on the control point to move and distort the branch.
3. To add additional control points to the branch, hold down shift and click on a space on the branch. To remove control points hold shift and click on an existing control point.
4. The more control points you add, the more curves you can add to a branch.
5. If you would like to remove all the curves you have added, click on the slider menu then choose "Clean Up".
6. This will automatically tidy up all your branches, creating equal space and removing changes made using control points. Please note, once Clean Up has been used it cannot be undone. The clean up tool is only available in the organic mind map style as box branches are automatically arranged.
Changing an existing Mind Map to the Organic Style
If you would like to change an existing speed map ( box branch) style to an organic mind map style, you can do this at any time in the map settings.
1. Open your box branch map.
2. Open the slider menu,
3. Click on "View as ...".
4. When you change map styles you may loose any adjustments you've made to the branches. Confirm that you are happy to proceed.
5. The map will now be changed to an organic style. The branches will now be curvy, images will be removed from the box branches and added to the canvas. You will now be able to move the branches around the central idea and manipulate the branches curves using the control points.