If you have chosen to build your mind map using the Mind Map view, there are a few extra options when it comes to formatting your branches.
Changing the color of the branch.
1. Select and double-click on the branch. You will then see the formatting panel.
2. To change the branch color, click on the Line button and choose a new color.
Or click on More Colors to use the color picker:
3. Exit the menu by clicking the X button and Done or by clicking on the canvas.
Changing the Branch Shape
You can choose from a variety of branch shapes to highlight specific branches.
1. Select and double-click on the branch to open the formatting options.
2. Click on the Line button and then Line Shape section.
3. Then, choose which branch style you want by clicking on it.
4. When using a different connector shape in Mind Map view, you can use the control points to add curves to the branch.
Control points are active with the Auto-Layout turned off and are available only with the Mind Map view maps.
5. Hover over the branch to view the control points.
6. Click and drag the control points to distort the branch.
Adding a Box Branch in the Mind Map view
If you want to use box branches whilst still having an Mind Map view, you can change branches using a few options:
- by clicking on the branch and then using Shift and Tab keyboards
- by grabbing the green + icon and Shift button and dragging to the desired location
You can also change box shape style in the formatting settings.
1. Double-click on the branch and to open the formatting options.
2. On a Mind Map view branch by default, No Box will be selected under Type settings.
3. Click on your preferred shape.
4. The text will now be in a text box at the end of the branch.