Start a new topic

Duplicate a completed task -> Uncompleted?

I have some tasks that I do frequently but aren't on a set schedule so I can't just set them to repeat. I've duplicated a previous task but it was completed and all the completion properties and due-dates came with it.  I had to then uncheck that it was completed, uncheck all my little subtasks, and then change the due date. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Stephanie.

When duplicating the task, the information will be copied as well. I could suggest using the repeat option, as it is only activated once the task is completed, so you can set a longer due date. 

The other option that I can suggest is creating a 'template' task in My Planner ( in one of the Now/Next/Soon tabs) and not assigning it to any task board. When you need this task, just make duplicate and add it to the given task board.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@ayoa.com.

Kind regards,

Izabela 

Thanks, Izabela. The template option is only available for paid accounts, correct?

-Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, that is correct and templates are available on iPad but not on iPhone.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@ayoa.com.

Kind regards,

Izabela 

Hi, I have the same issue and maybe if your Ayoa Team are able to create possibility to set “duplicate automaticaly after completed” or if there will be possibility to set “create the same taks with the same parameters with due date XY days from the date when the task was completed”...

Hi Stefan.

I have passed both suggestions to our development team for consideration. 

As a workaround, I could suggest duplicating the task, before completing or making a duplicate of the task and keeping it as template task on the task board.

Kind regards,

Izabela 

How do we make a task a template task? I can't figure out how to do that and couldn't find any directions on that in the support area. I could only find out how to make a task board a template.

Hi Izabela,

Thank you for tip...and yes, duplicating is the best solution for now.

Stefan

Hi Stephanie,

We don't have the option of creating a template of the task as such, but you can create a task a task on a board or My Planner, on which you will set all details required, i.e. checklist items and instead of updating it, duplicate this and use for completing.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Izabela 

Hi Stefan.

Thank you for your reply and I am glad I could help.

Kind regards,

Izabela 

Login or Signup to post a comment