To Format your Branches in a Mind Map:
Click on a branch and select the pencil icon to bring up the branch editor.
Once the editor is open, click on the paintbrush tab in the toolbar. This is where you can edit how your branches look.
You can edit the shape, size, color, and the connector of your branches.
4. Once selected, these changes will apply to your branch.
Apply formatting to all Child Branches
If you are editing a parent branch, you can choose to add the formatting to it’s following child branches. Simply click ‘Apply Style to Children’ at the bottom of the editor to do this.
The child branches will then change to reflect the formatting of the parent branch.
Revert to Default Style
If you want to undo any formatting you have done on a branch, you can revert these changes. Choose your branch and open the paintbrush tab in the branch editor options.
Click on the circular arrow icon at the bottom of the editor in the right-hand corner.
This will change the branch shape, color, connector and size back to its original format.
This will only revert the branch you have selected. It will not affect any children of that branch
Formatting Multiple Branches at Once
To format multiple branches at once, you can use the multi-select feature. Click the un-selected circle to the left of your branches and you will see a blue number appear based on how many branches you have selected. Alternatively, hold the CMD/CTRL key and click on the branches with your mouse. For further information on the multi-select feature, click here.
Once all your branches are selected, the blue multi-select toolbar will appear on your screen. Select the paintbrush icon to bring down the formatting menu.
Select the styles you would like and see them instantly applied to your chosen branches.
There are 4 different map styles: Box map (default), Direction Map, Line Map and Gradient Map. To change the style of a map, go to the colorful icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
2. From the drop-down, select 'Styles'.
3. You will see the 4 map styles in the drop-down. Click 'Select' to choose one of them.
4. Once selected, your map will instantly change to reflect the new style you have chosen.
5. Click ‘enable dark mode’ at the bottom of this menu to change the background from white, to black. Click ‘disable dark mode’ to revert back again.
The columns feature is a quick and easy way to adjust the width of your branches on either side of your map. This can help to tidy up large amounts of text in a branch or perhaps show more of a cover image.
1. You will find this feature at the top of your Mind Map work space. The lines you can see represent the current width of your branches in that column.
2. Hover your mouse over a column to highlight it. Green lines will appear down your canvas indicating what branches belong in that column and how wide they are.
3. Click on the pop-up arrow and drag outwards.
4. This will increase the width of all the branches on that side, allowing more text to fit on one line.