The Task Side Panel
Although sometimes hidden out of sight, the task side panel is a powerful space for storing those important details that are vital to understanding your Task Board. These features will help you prioritize, stay on track, informed, and focused.
The Main Components of a Task
1. Notes - In the notes section you can add more detail about the task, informing others (and yourself) of what that task entails and the aim for completion. Simply click on the ‘Add notes’ icon at the top of the panel and you will see the notes box appear. There are no rules here, add an unlimited amount of information that will help guide you through your work.
2. Checklists - Here is where you can break down a task into smaller bite-sized chunks. Click on the ‘Add checklist’ icon at the top of the panel, type away, hit ‘Enter’ and add as many items as you like. As you complete each one, click the circle to the left of the item to tick it off. Now you’re tackling larger tasks, and tracking their progress step by step.
3. Due Dates - We all know there are dates we just have to get something done by, so add a date to your task in the side panel. Scroll down and click ‘no due date’ to bring up the calendar and once chosen, your date and time will instantly be added to your Task Board.
4. Assignees - Collaborate and delegate work by adding team members to tasks. You can do this by clicking ‘Add Assignee’ and choosing a member from the drop-down menu. Once added, you will see their avatar appear on the task so you can easily see at a glance who has control over what in your Task Board.
5. Progress - The progress percentage bar is a fun and flexible way to track progression. Simply drag the bar across the screen depending on how much of that task you have completed. As you do this, you will see a bar grow around the task in your work space and the percentage increase in the side panel.
A little extra...
1. Cover images - There’s a reason we made Ayoa so visually exciting, so do it to your own boards too! Taking the time to add images to your tasks can greatly enhance your focus and engage your attention when working on Task Boards. To add, click the ‘Add cover image’ icon at the top of the panel and drag and drop a picture into the pop-up window from your computer.
2. Tags - This feature allows you to add keywords to your tasks to help organize your Task Board further. To add a tag, click on your task to bring out the side panel, and click the 'Add tags' icon in the tool bar at the top. Simply start typing and hit enter to add your tag. When you add a tag to another task, it will suggest tags you have already created in a drop-down. We recommend using short and concise wording that highlights a theme or category that your task belongs in.
3. Important and Urgent - adding an importance flag will ensure that tasks with a higher priority won't be forgotten about. Easily spot the red flags dotted around your canvas and instantly work out what needs your dedicated time and energy. Similarly, adding urgency will pin point the areas that need your attention fast, represented by a lighting bolt on your task. For both urgency and importance, their are three levels, of which you can adjust at any time in the side panel.
4. Attachments - Attaching files to your tasks will help keep everything all in one place, making your life easier. This will massively increase your productivity, ensuring no more flicking back and forth between different windows. To add an attachment, click on the paperclip icon in the side panel.