Placing your branches within categories will help to organize your map, highlighting key patterns and similarities across your idea process. The categories are represented by neat boxes around the branches, to clearly indicate when different ideas fit into a particular group. This ensures you can keep your branches where they are, avoiding the complications of reorganizing your map. You can name your categories whatever you like so there is no limit to how you want to use them.
To create a category for your branches:
1. First, tap the red, blue and yellow circles icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
2. From the drop-down, tap 'Multi-Select'.
3. Then, tap the branches on your map that you want to add to a category.
4. As you tap on each branch, a blue circle will appear to the left to indicated it has been included in the selection. When finished, tap on the category icon in the blue toolbar that has appeared on your screen. This is a circle with 3 dots inside.
5. A category box will then form around the branches you have chosen.
To name a category, tap on a category box to highlight them all. The category tool bar will then appear on your screen.
Tap on the pencil icon and type the name of the category under 'title'.
The name will then show on the boxes:
To edit the category boxes, tap on the paintbrush icon in the middle of the toolbar. You can edit the style and color from the drop-down.
You will then see these changes on your map:
Adding branches to existing categories:
If you have created a category and you need to add more branches to it afterwards, you can.
1. Select an existing category box. The toolbar will appear on your screen. Tap on the pencil icon and tap 'Add Items'.
3. In 'add items' is a list of all the branches on your map. Go through this list and find the branch or branches you want to add to the category. Then, tap the '+' icon next to the branch.
5. A category box will then appear around that branch on your map.
Removing a branch from a category:
1. To remove a branch from a category, first select one of the category boxes.
2. Tap on the pencil icon in the toolbar.
3.The view items tab will show all the branches in that category.
4. Tap the X next to the branch you want to remove from that category.
5. The branch will be removed from the category and the category box will then disappear from the branch on the map.
Deleting a category:
1. To delete a category, select the one you wish to delete on your map.
2. From the category toolbar select the trashcan icon.
3. In a new window, you will be prompted to confirm your decision. Once sure, tap 'Yes, delete category'. This will permanently delete the category and will remove the boxes from around the branches.