To Add Organic Branches to Your Map:
Using the Organic Mind Map style will allow you to create free form branches in the traditional style.
1. The best way to experience true organic mapping is to click on the the green + icon and drag to position The Organic branches can be placed anywhere on the top and start from any point on the central idea.
2. When your branch has appeared, type away and hit enter when done.
3. To edit the text, double click on the text to bring up the text editor. The text will be automatically highlighted to allow you to make changes to the style. The text must be highlighted before changes will take effect.
4. The text editor will allow you to change the style, size and color of the text, and add emojis.
5. Click back on the canvas to close the menu and view your changes.
5.To add branches quickly, use our handy shortcut. Use your keyboard arrow keys to move around the branches and hit Tab to create a new branch.
To quickly add additional child branches connected to the same parent branch, simply use the enter key. To add a new layer of child branches, use the tab key.
Adding a Box Branch
1. When you hover over a branch, you will get the option to make a box branch. A box branch contains the text in a box rather than along the branch.
2. Click on the blue icon to add the box branch. A new box branch will appear. Type in your branch text and use the desired formatting options.
3. Hit enter to complete your branch.
Changing the Curve of Your Organic Branches
Once added to your map, you can manipulate the organic branch shape to exaggerate the curves.
1. Hover over an organic branch to activate the control points.
2, Click and hold down on the control point to move and distort the branch.
3. To add additional control points to the branch, hold down shift and click on a space on the branch. To remove control points hold shift and click on an existing control point.
4. The more control points you add, the more curves you can add to a branch.
5. If you would like to remove all the curves you have added, click on slider menu, then in the menu list choose "Clean up".
6. This will automatically tidy up all your branches, creating equal space and removing changes made using control points. Please note, once Clean Up has been used it cannot be undone. The clean up tool is only available in the organic mind map style as box branches are automatically arranged.