Introducing organic mind mapping; You can now create your mind maps in the classic organic style. Draw radiating, curved branches associated with the traditional Mind Map, and there'll be no limits to your creative thinking.
Creating a new Organic Mind Map
To create a new Organic Map open Ayoa and click "New" on the Mind Map section.
To Add Organic Branches to Your Map:
Using the Organic Mind Map style will allow you to create free form branches in the traditional style.
1. There are 3 ways you can add Organic branches to your map. Lets start from the Central Idea:
- Tap on the central idea and a green + icon will appear on either side of the central idea. Tap on one of these + icons depending on which direction you want your branch to go in.
-Tap on one of these arrows and drag drop into a space on your map. The Organic branches can be placed anywhere on the top and start from any point on the central idea.
2. When your branch has appeared, type away and hit enter when done.
3. To edit the text, double click on the text to bring up the text editor. The text will be automatically highlighted to allow you to make changes to the style. The text must be highlighted before changes will take effect.
The text editor will allow you to change the style, size and color of the text, and add emojis.
Tap back on the canvas to close the menu and view your changes.
Adding a Box Branch to an Organic Mind Map
1. When you hover over a branch, you will get the option to make a box branch ( The blue icon). A box branch is a where the text is contained in a box rather than along the branch.
2. Tap on the blue icon to add a box branch. A new box branch will appear. Type in your branch text and use the desired formatting options.
3. Hit enter to complete your branch.
Changing the Curve of Your Organic Branches
Once added to your map, you can manipulate the organic branch shape to exaggerate the curves.
1. Hover over an organic branch to activate the control points.
2, Click and hold down on the control point to move and distort the branch.
3. Deselect by tapping on the canvas to view the branch.
4. If you would like to remove all the curves you have added, tap on the slider menu, then tap "Clean up" on the menu.
5. This will automatically tidy up all your branches, creating equal space and removing changes made using control points. Please note, once Clean Up has been used it cannot be undone. The clean up tool is only available in the organic mind map style as box branches are automatically arranged.
6. Once confirmed the Mind Map will be tidied.
Changing an existing Mind Map to the Organic Style
If you would like to change an existing box branch map to an organic mind map style, you can do this at any time in the style settings.
1. Open your box branch map.
2. Tap on the slider menu, then tap on"View as Organic".
3. When you change map styles you may lose any adjustments you've made to the branches. Confirm that you are happy to proceed.
4. The map will now be changed to an organic style. The branches will now be curvy, images will be removed from the box branches and added to the canvas. You will now be able to move the branches around the central idea and manipulate the branches curves using the control points.