Are you looking to add lots of information, but you want to easily update it without leaving Ayoa? Instead of using a word document you can utilise the white board document creator to add a text document embedded in the Whiteboard that can be edited at any time.
Within this document you can style it, embed images and videos, tables and even mathematical formulas or code snippets. The document can then be viewed in full on the white board canvas, without needing to download it or open it in a new tab.
Creating a new document
1. Open a Whiteboard.
2. Click on the document icon on the white board toolbar.
3. You will be given the option to choose how large you want the document to be. This will be how much space the document takes on the canvas.
4. Drag the chosen size onto the canvas.
5. Type your title, then double click to open up the text pad and formatting options.
6. The document can be used much like a word document and can be edited at anytime.
Formatting a document.
The document creator has formatting options that allow you to so that you can customise it.
Basic formatting options such as bold, italic underline and strikethrough are visible under the main toolbar.
Click on the 3 dots to quickly view further options such as text size, font, paragraph alignment and text colour.
Click on the format menu to view additional options. Here you can add superscript, subscript and code. It also allows you to format text more precisely by choosing line height, background colour and other settings. At the bottom of the menu you can clear formatting to reset the style. Make sure the text is highlighted before clicking "clear formatting".
Using the different style options you can enhance the look of your document, make it easier to read and reflect your brand.
Inserting Media into Document
You can communicate more information by inserting images, videos, tables, links and code snippets.
By combing different styles and adding different media content you can make dynamic documents and easily convey your ideas.
Export and Print
If you require a copy of the document outside of Ayoa you have the option to either export the document as a PDF or print it.
The export and print options can be found in the "file menu".
Locking the Document
If you don't want any other board members to be able to edit the document, you can lock it.
When the document is locked this icon will be visible in the top right-hand corner.
Deleting the Document
1. Select the document you wish to delete.
2. Click on the 3 dot menu "..."
3. Click "Delete"
4. The document will be deleted. If you deleted it by accident, click the undo button as soon as possible.
5. Do not close the page before clicking undo. If you close the page before clicking undo you will not be able to restore the document.