Creating Templates can be a really quick way to duplicate Task Boards that require the same actions to be taken - but in a different context - on a regular basis.
For example, if you’re organizing an event you may have one Category named ‘Budget’, another called ‘Transport’, and one more named ‘Guest List’. Within each of these Categories are respective Tasks that need to be carried out each and every time you have an event to organize. So, after attaching files, updating progress, and managing the overall Task Boards, the next time a different event comes up you have to re-create those same Categories and Tasks for another project. With Templates, you have a quick and easy solution to re-create Task Boards that can be used time and time again, without any of the interchangeable details and specifics like status, notes, and attachments.
Creating a new Template
1. Start by going to the Home Page.
2. Click on the 'My Templates' folder in the bottom left corner of the Home Page.
3. Choose '+New' at the top of the page.
3. The drop-down menu will be shown with the Task Board Template option.
4. You will then be asked to name your Task Board Template. Once you’re happy, select Create Template.
5. You will then be taken to your blank Task Board Template where you will be prompted to begin creating your board.
Creating a Template from within a Task Board
1. Alternatively, you’re able to create a Task Board Template from within an existing Task board. First, select your Task Board from the home page.
2. Once within your chosen Task Board, you can click on the cog icon next to the board.
Select the 'Create Template From Task Board' option at the bottom of the window.
Or open the Task Board and click on the Board Options in the top-right corner of the app.
3. Once there, a pop-up will appear. Select ‘Save as Template‘ to create a Template for your future boards.
4. You will be asked to name your Task Board Template. Simply type the name of your Template into the box and hit ‘Create template‘ when you’re ready.
5. Your Template will then be saved for future use and can be accessed from within the Home Page and 'All Boards' folder when choosing a new Task Board.
6. Once a new Task Board is selected from the drop-down menu, simply click on the 'My templates' section where a list of your task board templates will be displayed.
7. When a template is selected, just click 'Create task board'.
Creating a Task Board from a Template
You can create task boards from templates you have made yourself.
To create a board using an existing template, first, navigate to the Home page and choose Create New, then choose "Task board".
Then choose a template from the built-in ones or created by you.
When the template is chosen and you are happy with the name, click on the 'Create task board' button.
A new task board will be created.
You can also create a Task Board from an existing template, by going to the My Templates folder in the Home Page and clicking on your chosen template.