Once you've mapped out your ideas either individually or as a team, you can start to organize them into a plan of action. Within the Mind Map view, you can create tasks from your branches, sending them into a Task Board or your Planner, or both! One idea may equal multiple 'to-do's', so you can add as many tasks as you need to a single branch. These tasks will remain the branch side panel so that you can access the tasks at any time.
With the task bar, quickly drag and drop different branches into your task boards. Create a new task board without leaving your mind map. These tasks will not be added to the branch side panel.
Creating a new task board through the mind map
1. Open the mind map
2. In the bottom left-hand corner, click on "Task bar". This will open the task bar.
3. Click on "Attach Task Board"
4. Click "Create New task board".
5. Name your task board, add a description, and invite anyone you wish to collaborate with.
6. The task board will now have been created and is added to the task bar.
7. Before you start adding branches, you will need to create a category. Click on the "+" next to "No categories in Task board". Type the name of the category and hit enter to add it to the task board.
8. Click on the branch you would like to add as a task.
9. Click on this icon.
10. You will now see the list of categories that you have created.
11. Click on a category to create a new task from that branch. The task will now show in the category on the task bar.
12. Click on the task to open the side panel. You will now be able to add task details.
Using the task bar to add branches to existing task boards.
1. Open the task bar
2. Click on "attach task board"
3. Scroll or search for the task board you want to use.
4. Click on the task board to open it on the task bar.
5. Click on the branch you would like to create a task from
6. Click on the task creation to see the categories.
7. Click on the category to create a task from the branch.
How to turn a branch into a task through the side panel
1. Click on a branch you want to convert into a task and click on the tick icon highlighted below
2. The branch editor will open in the side panel, where you can choose tab called 'Tasks'
3. You can keep the branch name or type in a new title for the task and hit Enter when done.
3. The new task will be created.
4. To add more detail to your task as you create it, click on the 3 vertical dots to the right-hand side.
5. After typing the task title, you can choose the assignee and either add to your Planner or Task Board.
6. From the assignee drop-down menu, choose a member of your team, yourself, or leave unassigned.
7. If you have assigned yourself, you can choose to leave your task unplanned, or place into now, next or soon. If you have assigned somebody else to the task you will not see the "plan this" option.
8. Next, choose a Task Board to add your task to.
9. Put your task into a category or leave uncategorized. When you are done, click 'Add task'.
10. All of your tasks will appear in a list in the branch editor. On the branch itself, you will see the number of tasks that need to be completed.
11. To add more detail to a task, click on it to open the task side panel. Here you can add start/ due dates, importance, notes and so on. To learn more about the side panel, click here.
12. In the side panel, you will see both the Mind Map and Task Board that the task belongs in. To visit the Task Board, click on blue arrow next to it.
13. You will be taken straight to the Task Board and the category that the task belongs in.
Adding existing tasks to your branches
1. Go to the task tab within the side panel branch editor. Once there, click on the 3 vertical dots to the right.
2. In the bottom left-hand corner click on the magnifying glass.
3. Enter the text for a task you are trying to find and you should see a list of results.
4. Select the task you would like to add and click 'Add task'.
5. That task along with all it's information will be added to the branch.
Sending multiple branches to a Task Board
1. Select the branches you want to send using the multi-select tool. For more information on this tool, click here.
2. Once the branches are selected, click the Task board icon in the multi-select toolbar. Choose a Task Board to send the tasks to from the drop-down menu.
3. Then choose a category for the tasks to be added to, or leave this blank.
4. When done, click 'send'.
5. You will see the task icons on your map indicating a task has been added to those branches.
6. Click on the task within the branch editor ...
... to open the task side panel.
7. In the task side panel, click on the blue arrow in the Task Location section.
8. You will then be taken to the Task in the Task Board.