To create a New Mind Map:
1. Go to the Home Page and click ‘+ NEW’ under 'Mind Maps'.
2. A pop-up window will appear for you to enter the name of your map. This will become your central idea.
You can invite other people to your map later on. To learn more about inviting members to your maps, click here.
Select 'Blank' under 'Templates' to create a brand new mind map from scratch. Alternatively, choose one of Ayoa's ready made templates or one you have already made yourself. To learn more about templates, click here.
3. There is the option to create your mind map in a Speed style or an organic style. The Speed Map style is a professional looking and designed to get information down fast. The organic mind map style allows for more creative maps in a hand drawn style. You can switch styles at any time. If you have a preferred style click "Don't ask me again". The style you then pick will be the style automatically chosen each time you create a new mind map.
4. You will then be taken to your brand new mind map with the central idea editor appearing in the middle of the screen. You can edit the shape and color of the central idea, choosing to add an image if you wish.
5. Click on the different shapes to change the design of central idea and click on the color box to open the color swatch.
6. To add an image to the central idea click add "Cover Image". You can either upload your own image file, or click "Search web" to search and add a royalty free image.
7. As well as being able to add your own image, we have a selection of illustrated central ideas for you to choose from called stickers. Click on the "Sticker Tab" to view these.
8. Click on your chosen sticker, then when you are happy with your choice click "Start Mind Mapping".
9. The name of your map does not have to match the title of your central idea, so feel free to change this. To change the central idea text, double click on the text to bring up the text editor.
10. The text editor will allow you to change the color, size and styling of the text. Highlight the text to change specific sections.